Last updated: April 25, 2020
We collect only what we need and will not share your personal data with any third parties other than our identity verification partner. We process all data within the U.S.A and comply with applicable U.S.A and national laws on personal data protection and privacy. If you do not agree with our practices, please do not use our Site and the services offered therein (“Services”).
Types of Information We Process:
Personal Data: We collect personal data you provide to us when you sign up to our website and/or create an account. The personal data we process may consist of: your full name, username, email address, your address, country of residence, age, any other information on your identity document, credit card and bank information (without the CVV code), details of any requests or transactions you make through the Services, and communications you send to us or submit to the Site (“Personal Data”);
The Purpose and Period of Processing Personal Data and Non-Personal Data
Based on our legitimate interests to pursue our business activities and our rights and obligations deriving from potential contracts concluded with you, your Personal Data will be used for the following purposes:
• for verification procedures pursuant to our legal obligations and/or internal policies;
• to manage our everyday business needs such as Site administration, analytics (including to perform user analytics), fraud prevention, or to comply with the law;
• to build, operate and improve our Site and the Services;
• to provide the Services and respective customer support;
• to send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages;
• to communicate with you and to provide additional news and information about the Services and any other products and services we may offer. You can opt-out of receiving our emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each such email or by contacting us at support@NEER.ai.
Any Non-Personal Data that we may gather that will not relate to you as an individual data subject (e.g. the times you view or use our Services) may be used for analytical and/or statistical purposes.
Limited Disclosure of Personal Data and Non-Personal Data
Except as provided herein, we will not display on the Site, or otherwise disclose your Personal Data to any third parties unless it is necessary to provide the Services offered on the Site, when required by law, or if we have good faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to
• comply with current judicial proceedings, a court order or legal process served on us;
• protect and defend our rights, property and interests, including by enforcing our agreements, policies or other such documents;
• respond to claims that any submitted content violates the rights of third parties;
• respond to your requests for customer service;
• protect the rights, property or personal safety of NEER, its members and the public;
• in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, or with your consent to share the information.
If you have created an account at the Site, some information about you will be publicly available, such as:
• your account name;
• any information you choose to add to your public profile (such as a picture, bio, your location);
• projects you’ve backed;
• projects you’ve launched;
• any comments you’ve posted on the Site.
We may share Non-Personal Data with analytics companies to learn information about how our users interact with the Site. This enables us to optimize the Services and improve our efforts.
We will never sell your Personal Data or Non-Personal Data.
Retention, Rectification and Deletion of the Data
We will retain your information only for as long as needed to provide you the Services or as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You can modify and rectify the Personal Data you have provided to us by logging in and updating your profile. If you wish to delete the Personal Data collected by us or submit any other request concerning your personal data (e.g. requests regarding data portability, restrictions or objecting to the processing), you can do so by submitting a written request to our customer support via support@NEER.ai. You should keep in mind that the request to delete Personal Data is possible only if your account is deleted. If we delete your account, you will not be able to use our Services and will lose benefits connected to your existing account.
After receiving the request, we will delete your account and any Personal Data associated with the account if there are no assets or liabilities associated with the account. After the deletion the personal data will be permanently anonymized and used for analytics only.
Security of Personal Data
We employ generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Data and we continuously strive to protect your information and privacy as much as we can. We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration.
Your data will be saved on Amazon’s AWS North American servers that comply with the ISO/IEC 27001 standard. We will use Amazon DynamoDB to save the textual information and images will be saved into an S3 instance. The information will be encrypted with the public-private key pair-based encryption on the user’s computer and directly uploaded to Amazon in encrypted form. We will securely hold the private key and will be able to decrypt the information if requested from us by the authorities.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over Wi-Fi or the Internet or any processing of data via connected digital means can be 100% secure. Thus, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online.
This Site is using the following types of its “own” cookies and “third party” cookies: